Principle of Lachman test
- Lachman Position with thigh on a support or on examiners thigh.
- Correct positioning of the Rolimeter.
- The distal tibia pad is fixed with an elastic.
- The patella pad is fixed with one hand stabilising also the femur.
- The feeler is positioned on the tibial tuberosity.
- Thigh muscles must be relaxed
Lachman testing R Knee
- The L hand centers the instrument on the patella.
- The R hand pushes the tibia down to tighten the PCL with the index pushing the feeler down into contact with the tibial tuberosity to zero the instrument.
- Then, the calf is pulled up with the second hand in a «manual max» making sure muscles are relaxed.
- The Lachman value can now be read of the scale.